Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tucson, Arizona--Week One






I've been enjoying my time in Tucson this past week. I met my best friends' baby, Tess. She is beautiful and makes me want to have my own! I picked grapefruits with my friend, Jeannette, at her grandmother's house. I went on a 4 mile walk and a 6 mile run OUTSIDE in 80 degree, sunny weather.



My stay here, however, hasn't been without a little hardship. Apparently, a pipe burst in our evaporative cooler (kind of like an a/c, but cheaper) when we were gone. We received a $600 water bill and some water damage over our office. The rental agency who is supposed to be watching our house never told us, so water poured into our yard and house for days. I'm angry, but i'm not sure really what to do about it with us living across the world. Our neighbors across the street saw the water and turned the water off themselves after frantically calling the management agency. Argh!



Despite all this, my visit here really has been great. I read two books The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Gregory (i'm a sucker for historical fiction) and The Bee Season by Myla Goldberg. I plan on picking up the Count of Monte Cristo this week to read. I'm saving my David Sedaris book for the plane ride back to Korea. I'm training for a 10K on March 14th, so i'm trying to run as much as possible. My friends are really the highlight and the reason i'm here. My friend Becky opened up her house to me unflinchingly. Marieke is so great to talk to about...everything. Jeannette and my F-dub crew are so fun to hang out with!



I miss living here. Grant and I put down roots here that I want to return to someday...Air Force willing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are having such a great visit. You're my book inspiration, I've been reading just crap books because my brain can't read anything harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your pipes bursting. That stinks. :-(

    ReplyDelete