Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sewing Again

My sewing room. Pretty simple, but it works. I have two bookcases with a tabletop perched on top. The laptop is next to my sewing machine so I can listen to "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" on audiobook. I also sit on a panda cushion given to me by one of Korean students for my birthday. Notice the tangle of wires to the converter box. We tried the best we could with what is available here!
It took me awhile to get back into sewing. Some things seem so overwhelming its hard to get started. I took the whole day today to devote to my friend Lynne's purse. I'm a little rusty, but it turned out well. This was the first purse I put pockets inside the lining. The next project will be some little wallets I MIGHT sell at the flea market on base. I went to the Osan Piecemakers Club meeting last night with my friend Nicole and will try my hand at quilting squares. I'm a little nervous, but I think it will only help my sewing. I learned how to do yoyos (small fabric circles) last night. I'm loving the cute vintage look they give quilts. I'm thinking of cascading them down a plain white t-shirt. I'll let you know how that goes!
I also booked a trip to Tokyo, Japan with my husband for our second anniversary. I'm really looking forward to leaving Korea for a little bit and seeing more of Asia. I promise lots of pictures!
Other than that, life is as normal as normal goes here. Grant continues to work a ton and I try to keep myself busy.

4 comments:

  1. Your audiobook selection is next on my reading list. How do you like it?

    I also love love love your craftiness. (Do you follow Martha on twitter?) I'm so happy we have all these multimedia options to connect again. You are such an amazing person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your panda cushion.
    I [finally] started sewing again, too. I have so many unfinished projects. But I am working on dolls and a dress for Winter.

    I have always wanted to quilt! I might have to take a class sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you're sewing again! I use the bag you gave me all the time. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to set up a sewing station. You're doing way better than me ... I have no excuses (well, except time and money :-)

    ReplyDelete